Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library

 


We now arrive at Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library. The architecture of this building is insane!! The marble square-planed building drew my interest since my first walk around the campus and this will be my first time entering this mysterious building. 



Inside the building, there's a huge collection of rare old book in the middle of the building. It's about five-story high! The middle glass tower is surrounded by exhibitions showing important books in history.



This is a picture of the Gutenberg bible, one of the 21 ones left on earth. I have read of this book and its importance, but this is my first time seeing this book with my own eyes. It's very amazing to see a book this important in a touchable distance, despite the thick glass covering it. 


Comments

  1. First I like the energy of your writing, your photographs are stunning and the information you have already gathered lends a great deal to your current experiences. Continue to enjoy yourself thoroughly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts